Study Abroad in Prague
CZECH CULTURE AND SOCIETY IN A GLOBAL CONTEXT
Credits: Up to 4
DATE: MAY 25 – JUNE 9, 2013
The purpose of this interdisciplinary study abroad seminar is to study the socio-cultural, economic, historical and geo-political implications of globalization in an Eastern European country, and engage students in serious analytical discussions of cultural, ethnic and national similarities and differences in systems for meeting human needs that include education, health care, food, and human and community development. At the end of this interdisciplinary study abroad seminar, the student will be able to:
1. To illustrate the impact of cross-cultural studies on the development of transcultural competence in human service.
2. To acquaint students with the most important theoretical and research developments in cross-cultural studies.
3. To describe the impact of culture on the attitudes, values and behaviors, of individuals from different cultural groups.
4. To describe how cultural differences influence the ways in which different groups interact with and within social service agencies and organizations in the United States.
5. To recognize how culture influences one’s values and worldviews, and the potential impact of those on cross-cultural interactions.
6. To integrate theory and lessons from research into a coherent schema to guide field research and interventions in intercultural situations.
7. To identify the potential for miscommunication due to cultural differences.
For more information, please click here: Study Abroad Seminar in Prague
FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE!
FOR MORE INFORMATION:Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of International Education - Dempsey 202
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901, U.S.A.
Phone: (USA Country Code: 1) 920-424-0775,
Fax: (USA Country Code: 1) 920-424-0185