Typos in Cooksy
by Gutow, Jonathan H — last modified Feb 14, 2014 11:48 AM
Typos in Cooksy's Physical Chemistry
- Example 3.4: The "(110)" in the numerator of the expression for P(1,0,1,10) about 2/3 of the way down should read "(21)" which is the degeneracy of the of the J=10 state.
- Example 3.5, last line on P. 124: One of the "+X" should be a "-X". (typo fixed in second printing)
- Table 7.3: All the elemental specific heats except for sodium, arsenic, tantalum and uranium are wrong. Sulfur is pretty close. (1rst printing)
- Page 441: equation in sentence immediately below equation 12.46 is missing a factor of (-RT). It should read as "-RTlnKeq = ΔrxnHo-TΔrxnSo".
- Page 88: equation 2.20 is missing an "x" on the bottom of the derivative symbol.
- Page 89: 3rd line from the bottom of equations 2.24 is missing an "i" before the sin term.
- Page 91: In equation 2.31 there should be a comma before the last "n".
- Page 95: The table referred to in the section on "Degeneracy and the Three-Dimensional Box" should be Table 2.1 not Table 1.2.
- Page 134: The first integral in the line starting with <r> is missing a factor of r.