Curriculum Vita for Jonathan Gutow
Professional Organization Memberships:
Funded Grants:External grants from:
The National Science Foundation (NSF), ACS-Petroleum Research Fund, Research Corporation, The American Physical Society.Internal UWO grants:
Many Student-Faculty Collaborative grants and multiple Faculty Development grants.
Selected Publications/Presentations:*= UW Oshkosh Undergraduate Coauthor
- J. H. Gutow, "Easy Jmol Web Pages using the Jmol Export to Web Function" Journal of Chemical Education WebWare. Publication Date (Web): April 8, 2010.
- J. H. Gutow. "Multilayered composite coatings based on apatites and organic components” presented at the Spring 2010 American Chemical Society Meeting.
- J. H. Gutow. “Live 3-D molecules in web pages: Recent enhancements to Jmol and the semi-automatic generation of web pages including Jmol” presented at the Spring 2010 American Chemical Society Meeting.
- J. H. Gutow and R. Hanson. "Creating interactive 3-D molecule web sites without writing computer code " presented at the 20th Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, July 27-31 2008
- J. H. Gutow, Yun-Hwan Cha, Nobunaka Matsuno, Niina J. Ronkainen-Matsuno and Katie Jensen*. "IR microscopy used to probe homogeneity of self-assembled monolayers on the 20-30 µm size scale." presented at the 82nd ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium, June 15-18, 2008
- J. H. Gutow, "Export to web package for Jmol". http://jmol.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jmol/trunk/Jmol/src/org/openscience/jmol/app/webexport/. 2007.
- J. Seefeldt* and J. H. Gutow "Kinetics
of Solvent Association with Surfaces Investigated Using IR Spectroscopy"
Presented as Sci-Mix Poster and a
Physical Chemistry Poster at the Spring 2005 American Chemical Society
- J. H. Gutow “Halide (Cl-) Quenching of Quinine Sulfate Fluorescence: a Time-Resolved Fluorescence Experiment for Physical Chemistry” Journal of Chemical Education 82(2), 2005, Pp. 302-305.
- R. J. Kleisner*, B. H. Koeck*, M. R. Phillips*, J. A. Wieland*, J. H. Gutow, V. Boiadjiev and W. T. Tysoe. "A System Based on Metal Alkyl Species that Forms Chemically Bound Organic Overlayers on Hydroxylated Planar Surfaces." Thin Solid Films 381(1), 2001, P.10.
- V. Boiadjiev, A. Blumenfeld, J. Gutow and W. T. Tysoe. "Infrared and NMR Spectroscopic Studies of n-Alkanethiols Chemically Grafted on Dimethylzinc-Modified Silica Surfaces." Chem. Mater. 12(9), 2000, P. 2604.
- D. Zhang, J. H. Gutow, K. B. Eisenthal "Structural phase transitions of small molecules at air/water interfaces." J. Chem. Soc. Farad. Trans. 92(4), 1996, P. 539.
- D. Zhang, J. Gutow, K. B. Eisenthal "Vibrational spectra, Orientations, and Phase Transitions in Long-Chain Amphiphiles at the Air/Water Interface: Probing the Head and Tail Groups by Sum Frequency Generation" J. Phys. Chem. 98(51), 1994, P. 13729.
- K. B. Eisenthal, J. H. Gutow "Second Harmonic and Sum Frequency Studies of Chemical Equilibria and Phase Transitions at Liquid Interfaces."Jerusalem Symp. 26. 1994.
- D. Zhang, J. H. Gutow, K. B. Eisenthal, T. F. Heinz. "Sudden Structural Change at an Air/Binary Liquid Interface: Sum Frequency Study of the Air/Acetonitrile-Water Interface." J. Chem. Phys. 98, 1993, Pp. 5099-5101.