Curriculum Vita for Jonathan Gutow
Experimental studies on coatings and monolayers. Quantum computational studies on ligand interactions with proteins and ionization potentials of drugs and other small biological molecules. See my Research Page more details.
Professional Organization Memberships:
Funded Grants:External grants from:
Agilent Foundation, The National Science Foundation (NSF), ACS-Petroleum Research Fund, Research Corporation, The American Physical Society.Internal UWO grants:
Many Student-Faculty Collaborative grants and multiple Faculty Development grants.
Selected Publications/Presentations:*= UW Oshkosh Undergraduate Coauthor
- B. L. Kedrowski, J. H. Gutow, G. Stock*, M. Smith, C. Jordan, and D. S. Masterson, ”Glutathione reductase activity with an oxidized methylated glutathione analog”. J. Enz. Inh. Med. Chem. Online June 2013.
- J. H. Gutow, "Easy Jmol Web Pages using the Jmol Export to Web Function" Journal of Chemical Education WebWare. Publication Date (Web): April 8, 2010.
- J. H. Gutow. "Multilayered composite coatings based on apatites and organic components” presented at the Spring 2010 American Chemical Society Meeting.
- J. H. Gutow. “Live 3-D molecules in web pages: Recent enhancements to Jmol and the semi-automatic generation of web pages including Jmol” presented at the Spring 2010 American Chemical Society Meeting.
- J. H. Gutow and R. Hanson. "Creating interactive 3-D molecule web sites without writing computer code " presented at the 20th Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, July 27-31 2008
- J. H. Gutow, Yun-Hwan Cha, Nobunaka Matsuno, Niina J. Ronkainen-Matsuno and Katie Jensen*. "IR microscopy used to probe homogeneity of self-assembled monolayers on the 20-30 µm size scale." presented at the 82nd ACS Colloid and Surface Science Symposium, June 15-18, 2008
- J. H. Gutow, "Export to web package for Jmol". http://jmol.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jmol/trunk/Jmol/src/org/openscience/jmol/app/webexport/. 2007.
- J. Seefeldt* and J. H. Gutow "Kinetics
of Solvent Association with Surfaces Investigated Using IR Spectroscopy"
Presented as Sci-Mix Poster and a
Physical Chemistry Poster at the Spring 2005 American Chemical Society
- J. H. Gutow “Halide (Cl-) Quenching of Quinine Sulfate Fluorescence: a Time-Resolved Fluorescence Experiment for Physical Chemistry” Journal of Chemical Education 82(2), 2005, Pp. 302-305.
- R. J. Kleisner*, B. H. Koeck*, M. R. Phillips*, J. A. Wieland*, J. H. Gutow, V. Boiadjiev and W. T. Tysoe. "A System Based on Metal Alkyl Species that Forms Chemically Bound Organic Overlayers on Hydroxylated Planar Surfaces." Thin Solid Films 381(1), 2001, P.10.
- V. Boiadjiev, A. Blumenfeld, J. Gutow and W. T. Tysoe. "Infrared and NMR Spectroscopic Studies of n-Alkanethiols Chemically Grafted on Dimethylzinc-Modified Silica Surfaces." Chem. Mater. 12(9), 2000, P. 2604.
- D. Zhang, J. H. Gutow, K. B. Eisenthal "Structural phase transitions of small molecules at air/water interfaces." J. Chem. Soc. Farad. Trans. 92(4), 1996, P. 539.
- D. Zhang, J. Gutow, K. B. Eisenthal "Vibrational spectra, Orientations, and Phase Transitions in Long-Chain Amphiphiles at the Air/Water Interface: Probing the Head and Tail Groups by Sum Frequency Generation" J. Phys. Chem. 98(51), 1994, P. 13729.
- K. B. Eisenthal, J. H. Gutow "Second Harmonic and Sum Frequency Studies of Chemical Equilibria and Phase Transitions at Liquid Interfaces."Jerusalem Symp. 26. 1994.
- D. Zhang, J. H. Gutow, K. B. Eisenthal, T. F. Heinz. "Sudden Structural Change at an Air/Binary Liquid Interface: Sum Frequency Study of the Air/Acetonitrile-Water Interface." J. Chem. Phys. 98, 1993, Pp. 5099-5101.