Biophysical Chemistry Home
Announcements and links for Chem 365
||Lecture Handouts||Lecture Answer Keys
|Text Book Site
Typos in the Text
|E-mail Discussion List||SAGE server*
Sage Summary Sheets
Download and install SAGE on your own computer.
= campus login and registration in class required for access. = opens in new window
*Use Safari or Chrome on MacOS and Firefox or Chrome on Windows and Linux.
Announcements in Reverse Chronological Order
Friday, November 16, 2012
- YOU MAY REDO SOME OF THE PROBLEMS ON EXAM 3 AS EXPLAINED BELOW:
- As I announced in class today, I am giving you the option of redoing specific problems on Exam 3. You do not have to redo them. However, I encourage you to redo as many of the problems as you can, because it is an additional chance to master material you do need to understand and could improve your grade. Assuming you redo the problems listed below correctly I estimate that the minimum improvement in score anybody would see is 10%. For some of you who did very badly on the problems listed below you could see as much as a 30% improvement.
- You may use your book as a reference, but please redo the problems alone.
- The specific requirements for what you can redo and how are:
- You may redo any or all of questions 2a, 2b, 3 and 6 if you got less than 65% of the points on the question. You will get the average of your redone score and what you received on the exam.
- Redone problems due by end of day (5 P) on Tuesday to my mailbox or office.
- What must be turned in: original exam, redone problem and 1-2 sentence explanation of where you were confused or the mistake you made.
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
- It does not look like we will have time to discuss section 8.12 on Friday and have time for review. Thus exam 3 will not contain questions related to the Marcus cross-relation.
- The last homework question relates to sections 8.10 and 8.11, which will be on exam 3.
Friday, October 5, 2012
- Please return to me your graded copy of the homework you turned in on 10/1. D2L and I had a little disagreement and I lost some of those scores. Thank you. Dr. G
Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2012
- Remember the answer keys for the first two homeworks are posted in the Lecture Answer Keys section.
Monday, Sept. 3, 2012
- First set of reading and homework assignments has been posted.