by Ledwell, Brian A — last modified Jul 17, 2013 08:34 AM
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- Chair of the COLS Student Academic Committee (2011-2012; 2012-2013) and member (2010-2011). Term expires 2014.
- Member of the UWO Health and Safety Committee (2010-2013; 2013-2016).
- Chair of the Combined Online Degree and Certificate Programs (ODCP) (formerly CNL) Curriculum Committee for Leadership and Organizational Studies and Organizational Administration (2009-2010 and 2010-2011).
- Member of the ODCP Fire & Emergency Response Management Program Committee (2012-2013).
- Member of the Ad Hoc Curriculum Committee for LLCE USP Course Proposals (2012).
- Alternate Member of the UWO Graduate Council (2010-2012).
- Research and Teaching Panelist for the Office of Grants and Faculty Development (2011-2012; 2013-2014).
- COLS Faculty Marshal (Spring 2012).
- COLS Faculty and Staff Experiences Ad Hoc Working Group (2013).
- ODCP Faculty Marshal (Spring 2010, 2011, 2013).
- Member of the Planning and Executing Committee for the Diversity and Leadership Conference sponsored by the Student Leadership and Involvement Center (2009).
- Co-Chair of the MPA Search Committee for New Faculty (2012-2013).
- Member of the PA Department Graduate Admission Committee.
- Adviser for the HCM Certificate Program and MPA with Health Agency Administration emphasis.
- Designer of the Public Administration Department website.
Western Michigan University
- Co-chair of the WMU College of Arts and Sciences Curriculum Committee (2007-2009).
- Member of the MPA Standing Committee (2007-2009).
- Member of the Doctoral Standing Committee (2008-2009).
- SPAA's Adviser for the MPA students in the Lansing Branch (2007-2009).
Reviewer for Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Nursing Ethics (an international journal for healthcare professionals); SAGE Publications, U.K.
- The Journal of Health Administration Education (an international journal that chronicles advances in the education of health services managers and key policy issues); Association of University Programs in Health Administration.
- The Gerontologist (published since 1961; a bimonthly journal that provides a multidisciplinary perspective on human aging through research and analysis in gerontology, including social policy, program development, and service delivery); The Gerontological Society of America.
Reviewer for Peer-Reviewed Conferences
- 36th National Teaching Public Administration Conference.
- Academy of Management Annual Meetings.
Member of Professional Committees, Coalitions and Councils
- Member of the National Teaching Public Administration Conference Program Committee (2012-2013).
- Member of the Community Health Connections' Northeast Regional Research Council, UW Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, Appleton, WI (2011-Present).
- Member of the Northeast Wisconsin Rural Health Coalition, Green Bay, WI (2010-2012).
Membership in Academic Societies and Associations
- American Society for Public Administration (2004-Present).
- Academy of Management (2005-Present).
- The Gerontological Society of America (2011-Present).
- Midwest Political Science Association (2005-2009).
- Society of Business Ethics (2005-2008).
Member of the Evergreen Village, Inc. Board of Directors, Evergreen Retiment Community, Oshkosh, WI (July 1, 2010-June 30, 2013; Reappointed: July 1, 2013-June 30, 2016).
Member of Oshkosh Area United Way Consortium Funding Grant Committee (2009-Present).
Member of Oshkosh Area United Way Allocations and Community Investment Committee (2011-Present).
Member of Oshkosh Area United Way Nurturing Children and Strengthening Families Panel (2010-2012).
Member of Oshkosh Area United Way Health-Counseling Panel (2013).