What Do Health Care Managers Do?
Health care managers play essential roles in keeping the business of health care running smoothly. They are charged with planning, directing, coordinating, staffing, budgeting, controlling, and supervising the delivery of healthcare at a number of different levels that range from a clinical department within a hospital to an entire governmental, nonprofit or private agency.
What Healthcare Administrators Say
A Sample Position Description
- A description of the duties and responsibilities of a public health services manager is available here.
- With the MPA knowledge and skills, the public health services manager will be able to successfully fulfill those responsibilities.
Health Management Career Resources
Career information can be found on the following websites:
- American College of Health Care Executives
- American College of Health Care Administrators
- The American College of Nurse Executives
- National Association of Health Services Executives
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- American College of Physician Executives
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions, Inc.
Healthcare Management Job Seeker Resources
If you are looking for a supervisory/managerial/executive job or internship, or fellowship opportunities in the health care field, please visit the websites below.