Healthcare Internships, Fellowships, & Scholarships
- MGMA and AMPCE Internship-Residency Programs
- Community Health Internship Program: "CHIP" (Summer Opportunities for Internships in Public Health Departments)
- Current ACHE Directory of Fellowship Listings- (select W for Wisconsin)
- 2011 Summer Fellowships in Government and Community Service
- Fellowships in Public Health and Health Policy
The Institute for Diversity in Health Management currently offers three annual scholarships to first and second year graduate students who are pursuing degrees in healthcare administration or comparable degree program (i.e., MPA, MBA, MSN, MPH or MHA). Information about these individual scholarships are available below. Select the links to learn more about the application requirements.
Annual Monato Rural Essay Prize: $2,500 Award
- For the University of Wisconsin’s Best Rural Health Paper
- Given by the Hermes Monato, Jr. Memorial Fund
- For more information, please visit this website.
Richard J. Stull Student Essay Competition in Healthcare Management
- The American College of Healthcare Executives sponsors an annual competition in Healthcare Management. The purpose of the competition is to identify and describe important issues and developments in the chosen profession. Top winners receive monetary awards in the amount of $3000.00 plus $1000.00 for the program. Students enrolled in MPA 729 Health Care Agency Organization and Management might consider submitting their final papers and participating in this competition.
strategic planning and policy
accountability of and/or relationships among board, medical staff, and executive management
human resources management
plant and facility management
comprehensive systems of services
quality assessment and assurance
professional, public, community, or interorganizational relations
governmental relations or regulation
law and ethics
For more information on eligibility, essay instructions, evaluation, and awards, please visit the following website.
Please schedule an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss your essay with me. Don't miss this wonderful opportunity to boost your academic credentials, your resume, and your research/publication skills, while working collaboratively and learning from your professor.