Step 8: Applying for Licensure
- Your application for a new initial educator license will be processed through the EXCEL Center after you have successfully completed all program requirements.
- Download the Initial In-State Teaching PI-1602-IS license. (listed 4th in the chart)
- Click here for examples of how to fill out the application.
- Fill it out completely and send or hand deliver with the proper remittance to:
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901-8662
- Your candidacy is reviewed by the appropriate credit examiner(s) and provided to the certifying officer for final endorsement.
- The College Certifying Officer, MaryBeth Petesch, must sign your license endorsing it for state licensure.
- The application will be sent on to DPI for processing unless you note otherwise. Check out the DPI website. Click on Educator Licensing for information regarding completing the application on-line, checking the status of your application, renewing a teaching license, and other licensing information.
Please be aware that NO licenses can be processed until a portfolio is successfully completed and practicum grades are submitted and entered into your UW Oshkosh permanent record. Also be sure you have sent all transcripts to the EXCEL Center and have paid all tuition to UW Oshkosh in order for us to process your application.