Honors and Awards Ceremony
April 29, 2011
Instructions to Presenters and Stage Party
- All presenters/stage party members are to meet in A/C- N14 no later than 2:45 p.m. Two tables will be set up inside the door, one for faculty presenters and one for donors. Please check in at the appropriate table. Presenters/stage party members will be lined up at 3:10pm and will proceed from backstage at 3:30pm.
- All faculty members presenting awards or those in the stage party are asked to wear academic regalia. Please contact Laura Rommelfanger, Special Events Coordinator, (424-0344 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve your attire. Please include your name, department, height, degree and phone number on e-mail correspondence. You attire will ready for you when you check in on April 29th, in A/C-N14.
- Awards will be presented in the order listed in the program. Provost Lane Earns will introduce the presenters for the "All-University" and private scholarships; each Dean will introduce the presenters for his/her respective college. When you are introduced please join Chancellor Wells at the front of the stage to present the award to the recipient(s).
- If, at the last minute, the recipient of your award cannot attend the ceremony, we will let you know.
- A reception will be held, immediately following the ceremony, in the lobby of the Music Hall. Award recipients and their families are invited to attend.
Presenters are not to comment on the awards; the Dean of your college will be reading the description of the award.
The committee would like to emphasize two important points:
- You must have something tangible to give your student(s), e.g. a check, certificate, book or letter.
- Your student(s) must be present at the Honors and Awards Ceremony for his/her name to be announced. The student(s) have responded to our invitations to confirm their attendance.
If you cannot present your award/s, please contact your college and make arrangements for someone else to present the award/s. Please have the college contact the Provost’s Office,
424-2220, with the name of the new presenters no later than Friday, April 22nd.