2009 Curriculum, recommended second major or minors : Communication or Political Science double major, or minors in both. Also consider the minor in Social Justice.
2010 Curriculum, recommended emphasis: Environmental Policy & Values Emphasis (either track works well)
Specially recommended courses:
- 214: Interpersonal Speech Communication
- 215: Small Group Communication
- 275: Argumentation and Debate
- 303: Advanced Public Speaking
- 319: Persuasion
- 326: Communication and Conflict
- 348: Media Criticism
- 355: Natural Resources Economics
- 360: Environmental Economics and Policy
- 305: Constitutional Law and Judicial Policy-Making I
- 306: Constitutional Law and Judicial Policy-Making II
- 310: Urban Government
- 321: American Public Policy
- 350: Political Behavior
- 392: Judicial Process in America
- 394: Community Power Systems
- 221: Introduction to Public Administration.
- 363: American Bureaucracy and Political Process
Skills: writing, public speaking, critical thinking; research, conflict resolution, building community, grant writing.
Experiences: leadership in student environmental advocacy groups; summer work with environmental advocacy organizations; SCA.