In addition to the electronic Graduate Studies Application ( https://apply.wisconsin.edu/ ) Form, all applicants for the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh Master of Arts in English program must complete the following.
Home Phone _______________________
Work Phone _______________________
1) Making specific reference to your educational and professional background, write an integrated 1,250-word essay on the following topics.
- Describe your readiness to undertake graduate studies.
- Describe the kinds of courses and research projects which interest you and the degree to which they interface with current offerings in the English Department.
- Beyond attaining the degree of Master of Arts in English, what do you expect to gain from, and return to, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and the larger community?
2) Complete the Statement to Retain or Waive Letters of Recommendation
( http://www.uwosh.edu/gradstudies/resources/forms/all-applicants/refwaiverstmt04.pdf/view ) by April 15 or October 15.
3) Arrange to have GRE test scores reported to the Graduate Studies Office by April 15 or October 15.
4) Arrange to have three recommendations sent by April 15 or October 15.
5. Submit a sample of upper-level of graduate-level critical writing.
For further information, please contact:
Director, Master of Arts in English Program