Office: Radford 201
Office Hours: Mondays Noon to 2pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays 9-11:00 am and by appt.
I write fiction and lately some creative nonfiction, and I am also wondrously engaged in husbandry with my wife, Jenna. Over the years we've raised five children, a small flock of sheep and chickens, and two dozen fruit trees, and all these things appear in my written work one way or another.
- The Complete Poems, Emily Dickinson
- Legends of the Fall, Jim Harrison
- Beloved, Toni Morrison
- Driftless, David Rhodes
- Birds of America, Lorrie Moore
- PhD, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, English (American Literature) 1989
- MA, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, English (Creative Writing) 1984
- BA, Carroll College, English and French
- ENG481 Senior Seminar: Wisconsin Writers
- ENG304 Advanced Fiction Writing
- ENG303 Fiction Writing
- ENG213 American Literature I
Selected Publications and/or Activities:
- "Gyromancy" (an essay) in The Best American Essays, 2010.
- Love in an Expanding Universe (Short Story Collection), 2005.
- Secrets Men Keep (Story Collection), 1995
- Suburban Metaphysics (Story Collection), 1990.