Hazardous Waste Collection
Anyone who generates hazardous waste must go through an annual training course. This course is normally held each year in March and covers all aspects of hazardous waste collection. To view what is covered in training, look at these Powerpoint presentations:
- Hazardous Waste Communication: Module 1, Module 2
- Hazardous Waste Management: Training 1, Training 2
In order to ensure that workstations are ergonomically correct, they should be evaluated periodically. A self-evaluation may be completed by following the link: http://www.healthycomputing.com/.
If a more thorough analysis is required please contact the Risk Management office.
The Health & Safety Office has purchased and maintains a number of videos or DVD’s that address a variety of safety issues. Contact the safety office to checkout any of the videos listed below.
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Custodial Blood borne Pathogens
- Back Safety for maintenance and custodial workers
- Heat Stress
- Compressed gases: Safe handling procedures