Hearing Conservation and Noise Control
The purpose is the prevention of occupational hearing loss to employees and compliance with applicable occupational noise control regulations. Where feasible, exposure to noise will be reduced to acceptable limits by using engineering controls such as enclosure or isolation.
Use of personal hearing protection devices will be required while effective engineering controls are being installed or upgraded, or are not feasible.
- Proper Insertion of Protective Foam Earplugs
- NIOSH Noise and Hearing Loss Prevention Index Page
- NIOSH Hearing Protector Device Compendium
- NIOSH Criteria for a Recommended Standard: Occupational Noise Exposure
- OSHA: Occupational Noise Exposure, 29 CFR 1910.95
- OSHA Noise and Hearing Conservation eTool, (01/2005)