Experience At All Levels

Loryn CornetteSenior Human Service Leadership major, Loryn Cornette, of Greenleaf, blogs about her final semester at UW Oshkosh. Loryn juggles being a full time student, holding the Treasurer position of the Human Services Organization on campus, having an on campus job in the Undergraduate Academic Resource Center as a Peer Advising Liaison, and working 21 hours a week at her advanced internship placement at UW-Fox Valley’s Student Services Office.  Follow Loryn’s blog posts as she writes about her final experiences on campus before commencement in May.

I was given the opportunity to administer and proctor the Regional State Placement Testing held at the University of Wisconsin Fox Valley for two Saturday’s in April.

I agreed to do this because I thought it would be great experience to learn more about the regional testing and to communicate with various high school senior students.  I administered a room of 65 high school seniors for the Mathematics, English, and Foreign Language placement tests.

It is a great learning experience and a great addition to my resume in higher education.  After all, this is a task that the Student Services office handles and runs.  The experience was able to give me more of a diverse background of higher education and be able to work with a diverse population of students. I would love to proctor further regional testing placements if given the opportunity.

0 Responses to “Experience At All Levels”