Finding My Lifes Calling

My name is Paul Franzowiak, and I am from Menomonee Falls, Wi. It’s a village outside of Milwaukee with a population of about 35,000 people. I am finishing my degree in Secondary Education with an emphasis on Mathematics. I am currently doing my student teaching at Maplewood Middle School in Menasha, Wi. I will be there for a full semester (18-weeks) in Mrs. Braun’s 7th grade class.

Coming into college, I really wasn’t too sure what I wanted to do or what degree I wanted to go for. I ended up settling on becoming a business major. However, part way through my time, I realized some things about my self, grew up as a person, and focused on what was really important to me. I really enjoyed helping others through some math homework and having them come back to me and tell me how an exam went. They would tell me some of the problems, how they thought it went, and then their final grade. Seeing the smiles and enthusiasm towards math was an awesome feeling. I knew after seeing a few of these results and the success that these friends had, I had a different calling in life.

As I start my time as a student teacher, I am very excited about what this experience has to offer me. I’m looking forward to getting to know the kids, learning different techniques and strategies, interacting with other teachers, having everyday be different experience, and being eligible to graduate. Even though everything may seem calm on the surface, everything is going a mile a minute internally. I will be nervous on my first day and even more nervous the first time I have a principal come in and watch me. I want to make sure that I’m presenting the material accurately, in terms the students will understand. There’s a lot that of things to be concerned about, but I know that my education and experiences will help me get through anything I have concerns about.

0 Responses to “Finding My Lifes Calling”