One internship, two agencies = diverse experiences

JacquelineJackie Paplham, from Kewaunee, Wisc., is in her fifth year at UW Oshkosh and will be graduating this May. She is majoring in Human Services with minors  in Psychology, Women Studies and Social Justice with an emphasis in Prejudice and Discrimination. Follow along as she shares her internship experiences during her final semester at UW Oshkosh.

I choose to major in Human Services for two reasons.  One, it is broad and allows room for many opportunities and doesn’t limit me to just one population.  Secondly, it is the helping profession, something that has always been close to my heart.  During the semester I will be balancing four classes and working my two part time jobs.  In addition to attending events on campus and being an HSO member.

I will be splitting my 280-hour internship between CHAPS and Peterson Berk and Cross.  CHAPS Academy is located in Shiocton, Wisc. and provides hope and healing through creative counseling for teenage girls.  They use horse therapy as well as traditional means of therapy to meet the needs of the client.  I have meet with my agency on two different occasions already.  I will be working on developing a food program as well as working with the horse, client and therapist while that portion of therapy is taking place.  I am excited to learn and be part of a non-profit agency that has such a positive impact in the lives of young girls.  Furthermore, CHAPS staff is extremely friendly and full of life!

At Peterson Berk and Cross, located in Green Bay, Wisc., I will be interning under Attorney Peggy Miller.  I will be working specifically with foreclose mediations.  I will be doing much of the paper work to organization the mediation as well as participating in some of the mediations.  I am excited to learn the process of foreclosure mediation and be a part of the Peterson Berk and Cross team.

0 Responses to “One internship, two agencies = diverse experiences”