Internship Spotlight: Panda Lee, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh- Office of Equity and Affirmative Action

Panda Lee, Human Resources

Company Overview

I am currently an HR intern at the Office of Equity and Affirmative Action at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.  The main goal of the office is to ensure that all members of the University are able to pursue their academics and obtain and maintain employment without having to encounter any type of discrimination.  The office also focuses on eliminating under utilization of and increasing opportunities for women and minorities.

How did I obtain my internship and when did I start

I was able to obtain this internship position through Titan Jobs.  The position appealed to me because it wasn’t a regular Human Resources Intern, I would be able to learn about a different aspect of Human Resources that not many would have the opportunity to experience.  After submitting my résumé and completing an interview, I started interning at the office during the second week of September 2012.

Highlights So Far

So far, I have had the opportunity to attend several office sponsored training sessions.  It has been interesting to see how these training sessions are conducted and how those attending the sessions respond to the training.  I have also been assigned several projects, one being researching consensual relationship policies at Universities.  I am looking forward to having the opportunity to learn more about how policies are written and approved.

My Advice

I would advise other students to start looking for an internship as early as possible.  Taking advantage of every opportunity will help you to gain as much experience as you can.  This can help you to stay competitive and make you stand out as a candidate for other positions you apply for in the future.

0 Responses to “Internship Spotlight: Panda Lee, University of Wisconsin Oshkosh- Office of Equity and Affirmative Action”