As most students were ending the fall semester, Director of Career Services Jaime Page-Stadler was over in Minnesota creating new beginnings with two different employers. There are many different career paths to take, so Page-Stadler decided to visit two exciting organizations; Buffalo Wild Wings and Mayo Clinic.
As Buffalo Wild Wings explodes in the Midwest, they are providing opportunities in management and intern positions. These opportunities have a very competitive salary and many perks like watching football while working. Buffalo Wild Wings is looking for individuals that are passionate, have lots of energy, and demonstrate great customer service.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., showcased their lab opportunities for science majors. Mayo Clinic is the largest employer in Minnesota, and they strive to be the best, not the biggest. Mayo Clinic has a Summer Lab Science Program for juniors who have one year remaining. It is a paid 12-week program. This opportunity is for students who are not perusing graduate school, but want to make a career in lab science.
Look for future posts on employer visits! If interested in visiting employers yourself, sign up in Titan Jobs.
This semester’s On-Campus Interviewing event kicks off Wednesday, Feb. 22 and Thursday, Feb. 23. Employers will be on campus to interview and hire UW Oshkosh students! Not only is this event great for students, but it also benefits employers as well. Through Career Services, employers are able to hire qualified candidates from the University’s pool of students, while the students don’t have to look very far for great job opportunities.
- Identify careers that match your interests, values and skills.
- Apply and interview and job offers may be presented.
- Learn about top local employers. Interview for full-time, part-time, internship & co-op.
- Interact in face-to-face interviews.
- Gain interview experience throughout your academic career.
- Accommodate your busy school schedule.
- Free service for all organizations.
- Gives you a competitive edge on hiring.
- Hire faster and smarter at no cost.
- Identify and screen qualified candidates.
- Face-to-face interviews.
- Opportunity to meet with multiple students the same day.
- Allow opportunities to recruit students for full-time, part-time, internship and co-op positions.
- Provide awareness of your company to students and alumni at UW Oshkosh.
- Announce your recruiting schedule to the entire student body.
Get a jump-start on your career. Interview for a job or internship without leaving campus! All interviews will be held in Career Services unless otherwise noted. To learn more about employers and to sign up for an on-campus interview, log in to Titan Jobs.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Skipper Buds – 1 position: Sales Professional Position (All Majors)
West Business Services – 1 Position: Inside Sales Associate (All Majors)
Menards – 1 position: Manager Trainee Position (Business Majors)
Thursday, February 23, 2012
Oshkosh Corp. – 3 positions: Web Development Intern, IT Technology Intern, and IT Intern (Computer Science & Info System Majors)
Join us for a live webcast – Tuesday, Janury 10, 2012
Building Your Professional Development Portfolio: Ask the HR Expert 6-7PM (login by 5:45)
click here: https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/launch/meeting.jnlp?sid=1304&password=M.B76529F79294C319FD266A6857030A
Instructions to join webcast live:
- disable pop-up windows
- click link above to join us
- Blackboard Collaborate window will appear
- Enter your name
- Blackboard will launch and Java 6… window will appear
- You will enter Blackboard session
- Follow instructions to run Audio set-up wizard
- Share your questions via the chat function
What do employers have to say about UW Oshkosh Students and Career Services? WATCH: http://youtu.be/IyGm9XwqfQg