Shannon during an international study tour to Peru in January 2012.

Age: 21

Major/Emphasis/Minor: Supply Chain and Operations Management with an emphasis in International Management

Clubs/Involvement: I am currently President of APICS, President of Phi Beta Lambda, Vice-President of Wisconsin Phi Beta Lambda, and a College of Business Ambassador.

Favorite Class Taken: Supply Management with Dr. Godfrey because he explained the material very well and made it interested. He also related the topics to real life experiences and brought some speakers to class from big name companies.

Food you couldn’t live without:  A chocolate malt with marshmallow added and cheese curds from Culvers.

Hobbies Outside of Class: I really enjoy reading, traveling, spending time with my family and friends and crafts, such as scrap-booking.

Favorite movie: I love a lot of movies and have many favorites but a classic one that I always watch with my dad is The Princess Bride. We can name almost all of the lines in the movie! Inconceivable!

Why did you choose UWO COB? I really liked the campus of UWO, but the reason I chose the College of Business is because of the great majors and the many opportunities within the college. UWO COB is the only accredited school in the area and the college has great relationships with employers to help with internships and real life experiences. Also, the class requirements for the COB seemed really interesting and actually related to future job duties.

What is your internship experience and what have you learned from this experience? I am currently an intern at Oshkosh Defense in the Aftermarket Purchasing Department. I learned to always ask questions and communicate with the team. Don’t feel like you are a bother to those on your team, they are willing to help and will happily answer questions! Also, ask to sit in on meetings or get more involved in the team to see day-to-day activities and how the business functions. Internships are for learning about the company and the job.

What advice do you have for younger COB students? Get involved outside of classes and network! I have had amazing opportunities through my organizations and interviewers will ask about classes but they are really interested in hearing the stories of organization activities and leadership positions. It is great to add to the resume, but it is also a great career building experience if you want to get into leadership positions in a company.

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? 10 years from now I would like to be with a company in a leadership role and to have traveled a lot, personally and professionally. I would also like to have obtained some supply chain certification and have completed my masters as well.