Name: Natasha Steenbergen with son, Joseph, born on February 13, 2011 (just 7 days old in photo).

Degree/Major/Graduation year: BBA/Supply Chain & Operations Management/2009 (followed by MBA from UW-Whitewater/2010)

Current Employer and Position: P&H Mining Equipment Inc. (Milwaukee), Material Analyst

Current City: Watertown, WI

Food you couldn’t live without: Winger’s wings – very sad to see it’s gone!

Favorite Hobbies: Participating in extra/co-curricular activities and working out at the new student rec center on campus

Favorite movie: Pirates of the Caribbean

Favorite class taken or professor at UWO and why: Manufacturing Planning & Control (MPC) with Dr. Godfrey – it was a grueling course and wasn’t fun by any means, but it gave me the perfect preparation for my first entry-level full-time job and also helped me make the most out of my internship experience. It was the heart and soul of the major and I use much of the content to this day.

What were you involved in while at UWO (clubs, sports, internships, ect)? APICS – the Association for Operations Management (President of UWO student chapter and served on board of directors for Fox Valley professional chapter), International Business Club (Vice President), OSA (Senator), National Society for Leadership & Success (Member), College of Business Ambassador, COB Dean’s Advisory Board, 2008 Homecoming Court, Chancellor’s Award for Excellence recipient, UWO Student Leadership Award recipient.

Internships: Operations Intern at The Milwaukee Mile, Purchasing Intern at Oshkosh Corporation

How did you get your first job after graduation? Career Fair on the Fox in the fall of my senior year

How does your current career path differ from your college ideals? Not one bit. My entry-level job was exactly aligned with my major, and I was since promoted into another position internally that builds on that experience. I am still actively involved in APICS (now with the Milwaukee chapter) where I serve on the Board of Directors and manage my company’s 34-member roster. I couldn’t have hoped for a better fit from my college ideals.

What is your best piece of advise for current COB students? Embrace all the opportunities available to you in college to make connections and figure out what you like and don’t like to do. Focus on the things you like and set yourself apart from your peers. Start the path to professional certification (often discounted rates for students) and ask professionals to critique your resume.