About Blogger- Corissa!

Phone Pictures 039

Hello my fellow people,

My name is Corissa and I will be blogging about my trip to Washington, D.C. during spring break!  I am a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh and majoring in Social Work with a minor in Social Justice with an emphasis in prejudice and discrimination.  I excited to participate in Alternative Spring Break because I enjoy to volunteering and helping people make their lives better.

This trip interested me because it focuses on people in poverty.  I might one day be working with people less fortunate in my job being a Social Worker.  I am hoping I will learn about people in poverty and it will help give me an idea about what to expect as a Social Worker.  I have volunteered at various other places throughout my life and have really enjoyed it.  I like the fact that I am giving back to the community and making a difference.

During the trip I am looking forward to touring the different sites in Washington, D.C. and getting to know other people in my group.  I am also looking forward to see the differences between my life and the less fortunate.

Until Next Time,

Corissa

2 Responses to “About Blogger- Corissa!”

• Hi Corissa and the rest of the D.C. group! I went on this trip last year, and had such a great time getting to see the city and help the men at the center, as well as having my life and views changed by many of them. I’m excited you will get to experience this as well!
    I don’t know if you’ve had the chance to read our blog from last year, but you should if you haven’t! I will be checking in to your blog while you are there.
    I also wanted you to look for some men for me. If Joel, John, or Tony are there, you’d better tell them that our group from last year misses them but is sad to see them still there! Hopefully you don’t have to meet them (even though they were all wonderful!)
    Have a great trip, can’t wait to hear about it!