Monday, Making Coffee Pictures

Group shot in the coffee field after picking coffee beans (berries).  The field we picked from had already been picked many times so we didn't get too many berries, but Matt did help get the ones up high.

Group shot in the coffee field after picking coffee beans (berries). The field we picked from had already been picked many times so we didn’t get too many berries, but Matt did help get the ones up high.

Shelling the berries using a bicycle, the man in the picture is Miguel.  We picked from his field and he showed us the process and fed us lunch at his house.

Shelling the berries using a bicycle, the man in the picture is Miguel. We picked from his field and he showed us the process and fed us lunch at his house.

After the berries have dried over night another shell has to be removed.  As you can see some in this picture have been shelled a second time and some haven't.

After the berries have dried over night another shell has to be removed. As you can see some in this picture have been shelled a second time and some haven’t.

After the beans have been shelled twice they need to be sorted to get rid of any bad beans, because a few bad beans can spoil the whole batch of coffee.

Haley stirring the coffee beans to roast them.

Medium roasted coffee beans.

Medium roasted coffee beans.

Miguel's wife grinding the coffee beans by hand.

Miguel’s wife grinding the coffee beans by hand.

Enjoying my first cup of coffee ever.

Enjoying my first cup of coffee ever.

The coffee fields are located on the volcanoes which are very dusty.  After hiking up to pick the coffee our feet got very dirty.

The coffee fields are located on the volcanoes which are very dusty. After hiking up to pick the coffee our feet got very dirty.

4 Responses to “Monday, Making Coffee Pictures”

• Thanks so much for giving everyone an exceptionally special opportunity to read critical reviews from here. It can be so superb and stuffed with a good time for me and my office colleagues to visit your website nearly 3 times weekly to read the latest secrets you will have. Of course, I am also always astounded with all the fantastic thoughts you give. Selected two tips in this article are honestly the finest I have ever had.

• You have got some true insight. Why not hold some kind of contest for your readers?

• Wohh just what I was searching for, thanks for putting up.

• I got what you intend, thanks for putting up.Woh I am glad to find this website through google. “I was walking down the street wearing glasses when the prescription ran out.” by Steven Wright.