Muchisimas Gracias y Buenas Suerte pt. 1

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS MARISA DUSENBERRY!

20130321-213106.jpg

Hello everyone back home! This is Angie. As Ashley said before, today was our last day working on the mural. It looks fantastic and I couldn’t be more proud of our ASB/OYE team! Saying our goodbyes at the school was definitely an emotional experience for all of us. It was so weird how close I was able to get to some of the kids regardless of the language barrier. I taught them a couple new games by the way (duck duck goose and down by the banks)! They caught on pretty quickly despite my terrible Spanish, and they even managed to teach me a couple new games!

The adults I have met through the school have had just as much an impact on me as the kids. The schools English teacher is definitely someone I will never forget. He inspires the children to be their best and they show him great respect, yet you see the love he has for each of his students. Luckily, I got the chance to say goodbye before we left. He thanked me and stressed how important the work here my group and I were doing. I ended by shaking his hand and he told me “I know I’ll see you again. You’ll be back.” The funny thing is, I think he might be right. Needless to say, I’m sad to see this trip come to an end. It’s changed and inspired me in more ways then I expected.
Tonight we are headed to one of my FRIENDS houses, Oscar. I’m excepting a lot of fun, dancing, music, dancing, food, and uhhh…dancing. Until next time friends…buenos noches!

Side note: Today I met a man named Francesco! He owns a store here in town and he used to live in Kenosha, WI!! What are the chances?!

20130321-215007.jpg

20130321-215018.jpg

20130321-215029.jpg

20130321-215041.jpg

WE ALSO GOT SMOOTHIES AGAIN!!!!!

2 Responses to “Muchisimas Gracias y Buenas Suerte pt. 1”

• Marisa Dusenberry

I can sense the emotional impact this trip has had on all of you, and I couldn’t be happier for you. There’s a wonderful world for you to explore, and trips like this open your mind to it. Continue to share what you’ve learned with the rest of us. Let this experience linger in your hearts and savor the Honduran lifestyle as long as you can. I’m very proud of my daughter’s decision to spend her Spring Break with you. And thank you for the birthday message, Angie!

• Fine way of telling, and fastidious article to get data about my presentation focus, which i am going to deliver in university.