On the streets with God’s Love We Deliver

Today with God’s Love We Deliver (GLWD) Chase, Taylor, Meredith, Ashley, and I delivered meals to clients of GLWD in the Bronx, and throughout all of Manhattan. Each of us was with a different driver and delivered the meals to their doorsteps. Many of the clients I delivered to we’re of different socioeconomic statuses. Some lived in skyscraper apartments while others lived in very rundown public housing. On my last delivery for the day, I saw a sign by the elevator sharing info that the mayor and the city had decided to remove the low income housing to make room for some skyscrapers. It was called for a building wide meeting to come together as a community in order to save their homes. I find it heartbreaking that hundreds of people will probably be displaced from their homes in order for the city to build high-end apartments or just another skyscraper. They are gentrifying the neighborhoods. This is a very common reality in many big cities and too many times, it’s ignored. It really bothered me because our clients are home bound, unable to make food and many of their neighbors were elderly or were young families. They’d be displacing the most vulnerable people. The same people that we as a society should take care of.

For our late night shenanigans, we took the subway to see Radio City and climb to the top of the Rockefeller building and plaza. The top was absolutely breathtaking. There are no other words to describe the view of the whole city at night.

20130319-231146.jpg

20130319-234654.jpg

20130319-234738.jpg

20130319-234816.jpg

3 Responses to “On the streets with God’s Love We Deliver”

• Looks like everyone on the NYC trip is learning lots and having fun. Keep up the blogging, those of us in WI are living vicariously through your experiences. The pictures are great!! Have fun!!

• However while using adorable minions and unique world you will neglect the similarity.
    In this free app, the birds celebrate holidays from Christmas
    to the Chinese New Year while they race around the world challenging pigs and finding
    golden eggs. This app has in-app purchases, that you can disable in Settings.
    Need advice or guidance from a Central Florida theme parks expert.
    One such area will be the class and advancement system, which while touted
    to be something different than the D&D-based class systems were playing for years, really feels like a mixture of Guild Wars 2, which also had 4
    weapon-based skills and 4 class-based skills, and Rift, which allowed players to draw abilities from many different classes in a very create-your-class fashion. Wrap-up
    Gameloft has hit a sweet spot for its mild implementation of IAPs with this quick and frenetic limitless runner.
    Simply end up in the nearest lane for them and your Minion is
    going to do the rest.

my web site :: Despicable Me Minion Rush hack

• Afteг going over a hɑndful of the blog posts on your web page, Ӏ honestly appreciate youг way of writing a blog.
    I book-marked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future.
    Take a look at my website too аnd tell me how yօu feel.