Res Hall Cooking: Breakfast in a Mug

Posted by & filed under Blog, Food, Just for Fun.

Hey, all! In the spirit of all the food we’ve been eating lately, I thought I’d try my hand at a Res Hall recipe. What are Res Hall Recipes, you ask? They’re delicious home-cooked meals you can make right in your room, using only a microwave. Pretty cool, right?

Because I love breakfast, and I don’t like to go outside early in the cold, I chose to make Breakfast in a Mug. Eating breakfast is proven to make your brain more efficient for class. I’m not the biggest fan of waking up super early for breakfast… Which is why I learned how to make a full breakfast in under five minutes. Intrigued? Keep reading.

Here’s what you’ll need:

A microwaveable mug
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 tablespoon milk
2 eggs
Bacon bits (to taste)
Shredded cheese (to taste)
Salt and pepper (optional)

STEP ONE: Put the butter or margarine in the mug and microwave it for 30 seconds or until it’s melted.

STEP TWO: Take it out and add eggs and milk. If you want salt and pepper, now’s the time to add those, too. Whisk it all together.

STEP THREE: Microwave for 45 seconds. Take it out and stir it a little, then microwave for another 50 seconds or until the eggs have hardened.

STEP FOUR: Take it out to cool off for about 2 minutes. While it’s cooling, add bacon bits and cheese. The heat from the eggs will make it all and melty and delicious.

And that’s it! Yum.

It’s so easy you can make it while you’re getting dressed. You can also experiment a little and add spinach, mushrooms, or basically whatever you want. Now you’ll have no excuse to go to class hungry. Happy eating!