Songs to get you PUMPED for UW Oshkosh

Posted by & filed under Blog, Entertainment, Just for Fun, Music, New Freshmen.

College is coming up and it’s about time you start getting ready. Now I’m not talking about getting ready in the packing and planning sense. I’m talking about getting yourself psyched. You’re going to UW Oshkosh soon, so it’s time to turn up the volume and pump the jams! You may say to yourself, “I don’t know what songs to listen to in order to get appropriately ready for college.” And I’m here to tell you not to worry about it. I started to compile the UW-Oshkosh Preparation Playlist just for you. Feel free to listen while packing, getting ready, or just chilling with anticipation of the great times ahead of you. (If you aren’t feeling these songs, add your own suggestions in the comments!)

Just Can’t Get Enough- Black Eyed Peas

If you think about college every night and day…well then this song is perfect! With it’s infectious chorus and gradual build it’ll be sure to up your heartbeat. I could make a joke about how you just can’t get enough of UW Oshkosh…but you’re expecting that.

Let Go-Frou Frou

A personal favorite that is sure to make you feel like you’re soaring the skies and can do anything. Which is why it’s on the list. You’re going to college, which can be scary, but know you can handle it. The song’s about letting go of inhibitions and making the best of life and opportunity, which is what you should do at UW Oshkosh.

The Final Countdown – Europe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt_ro2aerQg

That’s right, it’s perfect for introducing sports teams and for getting you in the mood to start some college. Mark the days off your final countdown with this timeless 80’s classic. Oh and just try and sit still while listening to this song…Impossible.

Black and Yellow- Wiz Khalifa

Not only is it directly applicable to UW Oshkosh’s school colors but it’s also guaranteed to make you feel invincible. Perfect to get you excited and ready for the next step in your life. You know what it is.

Wie Flugzeuge – Rivo Drei

Yes it’s completely in German. But regardless of language the chorus still takes your heart to a mountain and shows it the sights. Celebrate the future diversity you’ll be around at UW Oshkosh by jamming out to this German tune you wish you could sing along to.

The Wind Blows Skrillex Remix – The All American Rejects

If you like remixes it doesn’t get much better then this. With a catchy beat that you can’t help but dance too (literally I’m dancing in my chair right now…) it’s perfect for getting you psyched!

Don’t Stop Believing – Journey

Come on. You had to see this one coming. Not only does everybody know it and sing along whenever it’s played anywhere, but it also holds those key words. Don’t stop believing. What better outlook on life could there be?

There it is, the beginning of a list of songs that will get you pumped up and ready for UW Oshkosh. Rigorously tested and groove approved. Like I said, I know I’ve only scratched the surface of song possibilities. Are there any tunes you listen to in order to get yourself jazzed up for something? Let us know and keep adding to the UW Oshkosh Preparation Playlist!