Students are responsible for providing documentation and meeting with the Coordinator to establish a reasonable accommodation plan.
Students Are Responsible For:
- Meeting all academic requirements to be admitted to the university and continue as a student.
- Follow all university policies related to submitting documentation.
- Meet with your professors to request accommodations as outlined on your Accommodation Recommendation Card.
- Attend classes as required.
- Promote equal access to the classroom environment.
- Provide students with equal opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and mastery of content.
- Promote equal access to the challenges in the educational environment.
Reasonable Accommodations Do Not:
- Change the nature of assignments or class requirements. If a requirement of the class is to deliver a group presentation, then the student with a disability will also need to participate in that project.
- Alter the fundamental nature of the educational program. If math classes are required for your degree, then students with a disability will also need to take that math class and pass it with the required grade.
- Guarantee success. Being successful is the responsibility of the student and generally tied to good study habits, being prepared for class, and managing time well.