How do I use the Adjusted Grade feature?
The Adjusted Grade feature allows you to slightly modify the calculated final grade. For example your cut off for an A is 92%, a student in your class receives a final calculated grade of 91.7%. It is your policy to round grades to the nearest whole number, so the student should receive an A. You will need to use the Adjusted Grade Feature.
Step 1: Determine which grade will be released to TitanWeb and/or students.
- Click Grades from the Navigation.
- Click Settings from the top right of the screen.
- Click the Calculation Options tab towards the top of the screen.
- In the area labeled "Final Grade Released", choose the option to Release: Adjusted
Note: This action determines which grade will be released to TitanWeb.
- Click Save.
- A new window will appear asking for confirmation on saving changes. Click Yes.
Step 2: Adjust, the grades.
- Click on Grades from the navigation bar.
- Locate the Final Adjusted Grade column beneath the Final Grades Column. Click the dropdown arrow and click Grade All.
- A list of all student's final calculated grades will appear. Located near the top of the screen, click the drop down arrow next to "Final Grades" and then select Transfer All. The calculated scores will populate the adjusted score fields.
- A new confirmation window will appear. Click Yes.
- Click Save and then Yes in the confirmation window to save the changes that have been completed thus far.
- Modify scores as desired, such as rounding up, entering 0 for
students who never submitted any assignments, etc. Only the numeric
grade can be changed; D2L will compute the new letter grade when the score is saved. (Students
with an incomplete still need a grade to be sent. You will change to INC in
- Click Save.
- Verify Grades for accuracy.