How do I transfer grades from D2L to TitanWeb?
Video credits given to Jim Stevens from Lifelong Learning.
NOTE: The bug with the final confirmation email notification has been fixed.
Exporting Grades from D2L
NOTE: This process is only available between 7:30 AM and midnight. The system updates between midnight and 7:30 AM and will be unavailable for grade processing.
- Apply a letter grade to the Final Grade column in the Grades section of D2L. (Only letter grades, A, A-, B, etc can be transferred to TitanWeb)
For more information on how to apply a grade scheme to final grades, Click Here
- Click the Export To SIS button located near the top of the screen.
NOTE: By default, the Calculated Final Grade will be sent to TitanWeb. If adjustments to grades are made (rounding up or down) you will need to use the Adjusted Final Grade. For instructions on using this feature, please see How do I use the Adjusted Grade Feature
- A confirmation box will appear, Click Yes.
- While the
grades are being sent, a processing monitor will appear. When it
finishes, click Ok.
NOTE: If you see an html 500 error, wait a few minutes and try again.
The grades have now been exported, they will travel electronically down to Madison where they will be converted into a form that can be loaded into TitanWeb.
Importing D2L grades into TitanWeb
- Wait 10-15 minutes. When the grades have returned to UW Oshkosh, you will receive email notification. The email will be from "UWO Administrative System" with a subject of "Information related to your grade transfers from D2L to campus SIS."
- Login to TitanWeb
Note: If you are unsure of your TitanWeb login credentials, click here.
- In the My Teaching Schedule section, locate the class for which you want to assign grades
and click its Grade Roster icon.
- Click the yellow Import D2L Grades button located near the top of the roster.
If this button does not appear, verify that you have received the confirmation email and are in the correct course and section grade roster.
- The roster grade field will be populated for each student that
has a corresponding grade within the D2L course.
- If you receive an error, adjust grades as necessary based on
the errors. If no grades import, go back to D2L and export your grades
- If you receive an error, adjust grades as necessary based on the errors. If no grades import, go back to D2L and export your grades again.
- Verify imported grades for accuracy. Click the "Save" button.
- Change Approval Status from "Ready to Grade" to Submit to Registrar
- Click Save button. (found at top or bottom of the page) Grades will be sent to the registrar and will become "permanent" at 6:00 PM.
Note: if a Grade of "F" was assigned to any student an additional prompt will appear that will ask WHY the student received a grade of "F".
- A pop-up box will appear indicating that grades were successfully submitted.