Transferring from ePortfolio to myDesire2Learn
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Make sure you have a created EduDentity account
- If you do not have an EduDentity account, follow this link to create one before you continue:
Step 2: Log into Desire2Learn
- You need to be logged in for the link to work with your own account.
Step 3: Export your files/presentations
- Follow this link to use the Export files widget:
Step 4: Log into your myDesire2Learn page and confirm the Transfer
- You can log into your myD2L page with this link:
Problems with the Transfer
Session expired when logging into myDesire2Learn
- When using the Export files widget there is a stage at which you are prompted to log in to myDesire2Learn - in the Safari browser this may repeatedly generate a session expired message.
- It is suggested that you use an alternate browser, such as Firefox, for this process.
Presentation themes don't transfer
- Because the presentations are built within the D2L system, the theme for a particular presentation is saved within the system instead of an attachment to the presentation.
- So If you had a presentation with a highly personalized theme, you are going to have to re-make it within the myD2L system as well.
- There are no known fixes for this transfer error as of now.