How Do I Share an Item in D2L ePortfolio?
- Locate the Item (Artifact, Presentation, Collection, or Reflection) you would like to share in your D2L ePortfolio.
- Click the drop down arrow and select the key icon called Share.
Note: If the item is opened you can also click the drop down arrow and Share button within the item.
- If desired you can set a time that the person with which you will be sharing will be able to access the item. Click the Show Display Options. Set visibility options such as a start date and time or end date and time, click the Save button.
- Click the Add Users and Groups button.
- Click the Users tab.
- Enter the first name of the individual with which you will be sharing into the space provided.
- A list of individuals who you can share with that fit the search criteria will appear. Choose the desired user from the list and make sure their name is added to the selected users section.
Note: If you would like to continue adding additional individuals, enter new search terms in the provided field.
Note: students do not have the ability to share items with specific users outside of their course.
- Assign the permission you would like the selected users to have to yourD2L ePortfolio item, and click the Add button.
- Click the Done and Send Invite button.
- If desired enter text in the Message box, this customized message will be included in an email sent to the user(s).
- The individual(s) will now receive an email message notifying of their ability to access your item and an invitation will appear in their invitations area of D2L ePortfolio.