How Do I Add a Rubric to an Item in D2L ePortfolio?
Rubrics can be added to ePortfolio Items, so that when shared, others can use the Rubric to give feedback or comments on the item. Please Note: this use of rubrics is not connected to rubric use in connection with grading. This use is within the ePortfolio.
- Access D2L ePortfolio through a link provided in your Course Navigation.
Note: It is important to open D2L ePortfolio through the course link so that the desired Rubric (from that course's instructor) will be available.
- Locate the Item to which you would like to add the Rubric.
- Click the drop down arrow to the right of the desired Item, then click Edit next to the Item to edit the properties.
- The Edit Artifact screen will appear, scroll down to the area labeled Comments/Assessments.
- Click the Comments checkbox, to allow users with the appropriate permissions to add comments.
Note: permissions are granted during the sharing process.
- If your instructor has provided a rubric, click the Add Rubrics button and click the checkbox next to the appropriate rubric.
WARNING: Remember that your ePortfolio MUST be accessed through the ePortfolio link in the course navigation in order for available rubrics from that instructor to be displayed.
- Click the Add Selected button.
- You will be returned to the edit Item screen, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Done.
- Verify that the appropriate rubric is listed under the assessments area.