Personal tools
You are here: Home > Report an Incident

Reporting an Incident


Who can I report an incident to?


There are several offices on campus committed to helping victims of sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, stalking or sexual harassment.


Campus Victim Advocate

(920) 424-2061

Advocates provide you with support and information about the legal, medical, and disciplinary options on campus, at the hospital, when reporting to police, in the court room, and in the community for dating or domestic violence, stalking, sexual assault, or sexual harassment.


Advocacy services are free and confidential, and do not require you to report.


Counseling Center

(920) 424-2061

Counselors provide support and caring attention while you make difficult decisions about how to proceed after experiences of sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, stalking, or sexual harassment.


They can help you to restore your sense of safety and personal control through crisis and individual counseling, assessment and documentation for academic accommodations due to the effects of sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating/domestic violence, or stalking; and referral to other campus or community resources.


Student Health Center

(920) 424-2424

Physicians and Nurse Practitioners provide you with caring medical attention after sexual assault or domestic/dating violence including pregnancy and STD screening; medical examination and documentation of any injuries experienced and referral to other campus or community services.


University Police

(920) 424-1212

Any sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, or stalking committed on campus property, regardless of whether or not the victim or the perpetrator is a student, staff or faculty, should be reported to the University Police.  Call the University Police if there is any question of where to make a report.


Dean of Students

(920) 424-3100

The Dean of Students Office investigates students’ formal and informal complaints of sexual assault, dating/domestic violence or stalking.  The Dean of Students staff will ensure that you have the support and assistance you need and outline your options.  You will be able to report what happened confidentially.  (The only exception to this involves complying with state laws requiring reporting of sexual assaults of persons under 18 years of age).


The Affirmative Action Office

(920) 424-2296

Students or employees who believe that sexual harassment has occurred can go to the Affirmative Action Office, your immediate supervisor, or a Department Chair or College Dean. Students may also make a complaint to the Dean of Students.  The student or employee will be informed of options available and the responsibilities associated with the resolution process.  All formal and informal complaints of sexual harassment filed with any of these offices must be investigated by the Affirmative Action Office.


Incident Reporting Form

Bias incidents and/or hate crimes involve behavior that is motivated by race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, gender, age or disability. Bias incidents include those that are motivated by bias, but may not meet the necessary elements required to prove a crime. Hate crimes are also motivated by bias and they include property damage, personal injury, or other illegal conduct.


A hate crime is a bias incident that has risen to the level of a violation of criminal statute. All hate crimes are bias incidents, but not all bias incidents are hate crimes.


The reporting form can also be used as a resource to notify the University of other types of incidents and receive follow-up, support, and help.


You can anonymously report it using the Bias Incident Crime Reporting Form


The information provided will be directed to the most appropriate office for follow-up, support and to provide the help that you need.









by greenc08 — last modified May 10, 2011 03:34 PM