- Current classified staff, limited-term employees and project appointment employees who are at least .50% FTE and have worked at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh for at least six months are eligible for the Award.
- Not received the award in the last 36 months.
- Demonstrated commitment to the University by virtue of outstanding performance in support of the University's goals; i.e. special projects, creative ideas, and exceptional support of others are examples.
- Be nominated by University personnel and/or students, no self-nominations.
- Individuals must have performed above and beyond the expectations of their assigned position and responsibilities.
All University personnel and students are eligible and encouraged to submit STAR Award nominations at any time. The Awards & Recognition Committee may also solicit for nominations.
- Selection Committee
The Awards and Recognition Committee as appointed by the Classified Staff Advisory Council.
- As soon as a nomination is received, it is distributed to committee members.
- The committee chair(s) will confirm eligibility. The nominator will be notified if the employee is ineligible.
- Eligible nominations will be evaluated by the committee based on the listed criteria.
- If the nominee is evaluated and is determined "not qualified" based on the criteria, the nominator(s) will be notified of the committee's decision along with rationale for the decision. The nomination will not remain on file for consideration.
- If the nominee is evaluated to be qualified based on the criteria, the nomination will remain on file for 9 months.
- The award can be given up to one per month.
- A framed certificate signed by the Chancellor, the applicable supervisor, and the chair(s) of the Awards Committee.
- A commemorative gold star pin.
- A gift certificate from University Books & More.
- A reserved parking spot for the specific Star Award month (not transferable to another month) at a location mutually agreed upon by the employee and the UW Oshkosh Parking Director.
- A plate engraved with the winner’s name and month of win will be placed on a plaque that is hung in the Administrative Building.
- A picture of the winner and nomination information will be placed on the CSAC web site.
When an award is given, the chair(s) of the Awards Committee will arrange a presentation.
Past award recipients, can be found HERE.