Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Eta Pi Chapter
Sigma Theta Tau International - Eta Pi Chapter
- Recognize superior academic and Nursing achievement
- Recognize the development of leadership qualities
- Foster high professional standards
- Encourage creative work and support Nursing Research
- Strengthen commitment to the ideals and purposes of the Nursing profession
Membership in this society is a special opportunity to share in the recognition of excellence in the nursing profession. Sigma Theta Tau International is an internationally recognized and respected nursing organization. Please consider applying for membership in the Eta Pi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International.
Eta Pi Chapter Events and News
Call for Applications: Spring 2015 Eta Pi Research Award
The Eta Pi Chapter of STTI is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for the Spring 2015 Research Award. The award amount is $500.
Applications are due March 1, 2015.
Award eligibility (all qualifications must be met):
- Research that contributes to the advancement of nursing science
- Research that is in progress (in progress is defined as having institutional review board or institution approval for research through project completion)
- Active membership in the Eta Pi chapter of STTI (Contact Jacki Karlin at email@example.com for information about joining Eta Pi)
Call for Eta Pi Board Member nominations:
Watch the e-mail address that you have on file with Sigma Theta Tau International for the call for nominations for Eta Pi Chapter Board Members!
- Self nominations are welcome.
- Click on the link at the bottom of this webpage to view the list of current Board Members.
Nomination Deadline: February 20, 2015
Open board positions and instructions to apply for the positions can be viewed in the link below:
Eta Pi Spring 2015 New Member Induction Ceremony:
- Friday, April 24, 2015
- 2:00-4:00pm (Registration begins at 1:40pm)
- Sage Hall, Room 1214 on the University of WI Oshkosh campus
- Free parking on the day of the event is available after 1:00pm in Lot 7 next to Sage Hall. Do not park in any of the reserved or special permit spaces. Lot 7 is the triangular lot in the lower center of the map linked here.
- Information about joining the Eta Pi Chapter will be sent to students in February of 2015. Nurse Leaders are welcome to apply for membership at any time. For more information about Nurse Leader membership, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eta Pi Fall 2014 Research Award:
The Eta Pi Chapter is pleased to announce that the Fall 2014 Eta Pi Research Award has been awarded to Dr. Judith Westphal, Dr. Suzanne Marnocha and Tammy Chapin for their project titled: "A Pilot Study to Explore Clinical Nurse Educator Workforce Issues".
They will present their research at the Fall 2015 Eta Pi Scholarship Day.
Congratulations to all!
Stay informed about the Eta Pi Chapter
Check out the new Eta Pi Chapter Website and the new ways to keep yourself updated about Eta Pi and to stay in touch:
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/stti.etapi
Follow us on Twitter! @STTIetapi
View the Chapter Website: http://etapi.nursingsociety.org (This website is under construction by volunteers--more to come!)
Stay tuned for information about Eta Pi's upcoming Spring 2015 Induction and call for membership applications.
Contact: email@example.com for more information.
UW Oshkosh College of Nursing Faculty and Instructional Academic Staff, as well as area nurses who are not members of the Eta Pi Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International can contact Dr. Paula McNiel (see below) for information about how to join the chapter.
Members are eligible to apply for research grant scholarships. Information regarding Eta Pi Research Grants will be posted on this site.
Any Eta Pi member interested in becoming more involved in the organization, or joining the Eta Pi Chapter Board of Directors should contact:
|Paula McNiel, DNP, RN
President Eta Pi Chapter
UW Oshkosh College of Nursing
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
For further information:
View the list of Current Officers