Jul 02, 2012 09:36 AM
Student Research Projects and Collaborations with Faculty Resulting in Publications or Conference Presentations
- Fall 2002, One Step Toward The Paperless Classroom, a presentation by UW Oshkosh student Jesse Schingen at the Argonne Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Spring 2003, Honors Project of UW Oshkosh student Jeff Lucas, "Visualizing Graphical Algorithms for a Educational Environment And Defining an XML Graph Specification", won UW-Oshkosh Outstanding Student Research Award
- Spring 2003, Honors Project of UW-Oshkosh student Justin Miller, "Developing Pedagogical Visualizations of Dense Matrix Operations on Interconnection-Network SIMD Computers", presented at Midwest Instructional Computing Symposium 2003 Conference in Duluth, Minnesota
- Spring 2003, Jeff Lucas in collaboration with faculty member Thomas Naps and Guido Rößling (Darmstadt University of Technology) co-authored the paper "VisualGraph: A Graph Class Designed for Both Undergraduate Students and Educators", appearing in Proceedings of the ACM SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, Reno, Nevada, February 19-23, 2003.
- Spring 2003, Ryan Boelter collaborated with faculty member George Georgiev to co-author "Non-linear Independent Component Analysis Approaches for Blind Source Separation," appearing in Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Mid Atlantic Section Regional Conference, April 11-12, 2003, Union, NJ.
- Spring 2004, Jessica Gowey and Orjola Kajo presented paper "Using Algorithm Visualization to Improve Students' Understanding of Parameter Passing Methods" at the 37th Annual Midwest Instruction and Computing Symposium April 16-17th, 2004, University of Minnesota, Morris. More details available.
- Spring 2005, Andrew Jungwirth, Developing Instructional Animations for Three Artificial Intelligence Algorithms, presented at UW System Symposium for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity, UW-Stout, May 5
- Fall 2006, Two students working in bioinformatics, Thomas J. Siegrist and Phillip D. Anderson, collaborated with faculty member Wing Huen and members of the Biology Department to co-author "Application of Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry(MALDI-TOF-MS)-Based Fingerprinting of Escherichia coli to Bacteria Source Tracking", which will appear in the Journal of Microbiological Methods
- Spring 2007, Andrew Jungwirth in collaboration with faculty members David Furcy and Thomas Naps co-authored "BlockTree -- Pedagogical Information Visualization for Heuristic Search", appearing in the Proceedings of the 20th International FLAIRS Conference on Artificial Intelligence, May, 2007, Key West, Florida.
Jul 02, 2012 09:36 AM
Computer Science Department
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Phone: (920) 424-2068
Fax: (920) 424-0045
Building: Halsey Science Hall
Rooms: 229 (general office), 221 (David Furcy, co-chair), 214 (Tom Naps, co-chair)
Email: Send mail to co-chairs at email@example.com