Jul 21, 2014 09:02 AM
How will UW Oshkosh prepare you for a computer science career?
- The UW Oshkosh Computer Science emphasis is nationally accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 150, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, telephone: (410) 347-7700. The Computer Science emphasis is one of the select few ABET-accredited Computer Science programs in the state of Wisconsin. Learn why ABET accreditation makes a difference.
- We have an Advisory Board composed of alumni and employers. What are they saying about our program? Read excerpts from their 2005 report and their 2009 report. We'll be happy to send you more information about the Advisory Board and complete copies of all of their reports. Just contact the department chair.
- UW Oshkosh computer science majors land internship positions at companies in the Fox Valley and beyond. Through these opportunities students gain valuable job experience, earn college credit, and build practical knowledge and teamwork skills.
- UW Oshkosh computer science graduates have been hired by: IBM, Oracle, Intel, Google, Kimberly Clark, American Family Insurance, Thrivent, Miles Kimball, Epic Systems, Quadgraphics, and Oracular Systems, just to name a few.
- Our undergraduate majors have the opportunity to work with computer science faculty on their research projects, and also develop and conduct their own research with faculty guidance. In 2009 we were awarded a National Science Foundation Research Experience for Undergraduates grant that allowed to fund up eight students each summer until 2012 in collaborative research projects. Read more about this REU site award.
- Our computer science students gain valuable hands-on experience with Java, C++ , Microsoft Windows, Linux, and database platforms.
- UW Oshkosh has excellent computing facilities with over 400 PC’s in student labs, including a Wintel lab and a Linux lab dedicated to computer science students. High-speed Internet access is available in dorm rooms, and wireless access is widely available in campus buildings.
Jul 21, 2014 09:02 AM
Computer Science Department
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Phone: (920) 424-2068
Fax: (920) 424-0045
Building: Halsey Science Hall
Rooms: 229 (general office), 221 (David Furcy, co-chair), 214 (Tom Naps, co-chair)
Email: Send mail to co-chairs at email@example.com