University commencement ceremonies are steeped in traditions that date back to the middle ages. Each piece of the academic regalia represents a piece of the history of academia. Graduates, faculty and staff all wear academic regalia specific to their degree and discipline during the ceremony. UW Oshkosh follows the ACE academic costume guide in determining this regalia.
Please note that the gold year on your your tassel will reflect the date of your graduation from UW Oshkosh (not the date of the commencement commencement ceremony.
Undergraduate attire consists of a bachelor's gown, mortarboard and tassel. The package price is $38.95 plus tax.
Tassels may be purchased a la cart. Individuals wishing to purchase a tassel only must have their gowns approved in person by the bookstore before the tassel will be sold. Read more.
- College of Lifelong Learning and Education (red)
- College of Business: drab (beige)
- College of Education and Human Services: light blue
- College of Letters and Science: gold
- College of Nursing: apricot
Masters attire consists of a master's gown, hood, mortarboard and tassel. The purchase price is $57.95 plus tax.
The tassel color for all graduate students is black.
- Business Administration: drab (beige)
- Education and Human Services: light blue
- Letters and Science: gold
- Nursing: apricot
- Public Administration: peacock blue
- Social Work: citron
Contact the General Merchandise office at University Books & More at (920) 424-2381.