Accessing Electronic Syllabi
Just prior to your classes starting in fall, information regarding each of them is expected to be available on the Web through the Electronic Reserve (eReserve) from Polk Library, Desire2Learn (D2L) or via a link from the department’s home page. Through one (or more) of these methods, you should be able to access each course syllabus, which outlines all of your assignments and the grading and attendance policies, and also lists the necessary textbooks.
Follow these steps for Electronic Reserve:
- Go to the eReserve's website
- Can be accessed from the Polk Library site
- If you don’t have Adobe Acrobat on your computer, click on the “Need Adobe Reader?” link for instructions on how to download it. There is no charge. Then, go back to the eReserve page. Skip this step if you already have Adobe Acrobat.
- Click on “Electronic Reserves and Reserves Pages” (first link on the eReserve's home page)
- Choose the category by which you want to search for your class (course name, course number, department or instructor), choose “contains” or “starts with” and enter the information corresponding to the category you chose. Click on search.
- Click on the appropriate course link. An eReserve agreement will be displayed. After clicking “accept,” the links to documents on eReserve for your course will come up.
- Click on the syllabus link. The document will appear in Adobe Acrobat.
- You can bookmark the syllabus on your computer for handy reference and/or you can print it and bring it with you to class.
Follow these steps for Desire2Learn (D2L):
- From the UW Oshkosh home page, hover over the "Titan Services" box in the upper right corner of the page. A drop-down list will appear. Select Desire2Learn from the drop-down list
- Log in, using the same user name and password you use for UW Oshkosh e-mail.
- This will take you to your personal home page — welcome and date appear in upper right.
- My Oshkosh Courses appears at the bottom with a link for each course for which you are enrolled.
- Choose a course link and click on it.
- This takes you to the home page for that course.
- To view the syllabus, click on the content link, shown at the top of the page.
D2L technical assistance is available around the clock via a help desk at: (888) 435-7589.
Follow these steps for syllabi linked to departmental Web pages:
- From the UW Oshkosh home page, select "Academics" from the top navigation bar.
- On the Academics page, select the "Colleges" link from the left navigation. Then select "College of Letters and Science."
- From the left navigation, select “Departments.”
- Click on the department offering your course.
- Click on the appropriate link to find syllabi listings and links. Syllabi accessed from department websites are often Microsoft Word files.
You may find it helpful to review the syllabus for each of your courses prior to the first day of class, and you may want to bring a copy of it with you. Course instruction begins with your first class session.
Please note that instructors post their syllabi at different times. You may not be able to access all of your syllabi prior to the first day of class. In such cases, your instructor will provide more information in class.