Registering To Vote
REGISTERING TO VOTE
- Clerk’s Office City Hall, Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Your polling place on Election Day
BY MAIL: Download the application, complete the form and mail it to your City clerk's office – it must be postmarked at least 20 days before the election. If this is your first time registering to vote in Wisconsin, you will need to include a photocopy of proof of residence which has your complete name, current address and is valid
IN PERSON: Register in the municipal clerk's office up to 5:00 PM on the day before the election. Proof of residency is required when registering less than 20 days before an election. You must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for 28 days preceding the election.
AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for 28 days preceding the election For purposes of voter registration, a form of identification constitutes acceptable proof of residence if it includes your current name and current City of Oshkosh address.
Forms of identification which constitute acceptable proof of residence, when they contain the information specified above, include the following:
- A Wisconsin motor vehicle operator's license or Wisconsin identification card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a
Wisconsin governmental body or unit or by an employer in the normal
course of business, but not including a business card.
- A check-cashing or courtesy card issued by a merchant in the normal course of business.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day.
- A university, college or technical institute fee card.
- A university, college or technical institute identification card.
- A gas, electric or telephone service statement for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day.
Originally posted by the City of Oshkosh Clerk's Office