The following are instructions, links and requirements to be considered for admission. All paper application materials should be sent or emailed to the Office of Graduate Studies.
NOTE: There are states in which the MS in Transnational Human Services Leadership cannot be offered because appropriate intra-state participation agreements are not yet in place. Information about the states is maintained by the University's Provost Office. Please check the Provost website periodically for the current list of states and other information about the delivery of online programs out of state.
Admission Deadline (ALL APPLICANTS)
Rolling admission is offered. This means you may apply at any time. You have the option to begin the next semester or a future semester. Admission is available for the spring, summer and fall semesters. During the application process you'll be asked to identify the semester you would like to begin.
Admission/Applicant Requirements (ALL)
- Complete the online application for admissions
- Provide the following materials and information. Send or email to the UW Oshkosh Office of Graduate Studies:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university/college. International applicants see requirements below.
- A cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 or better.
- A 500 word personal statement on the electronic application addressing either of these questions:
- 1) What are your personal, professional and learning goals and how might the Transnational Human Services Leadership Masters help you achieve these goals AND
- 2) Describe a single work experience, which has had a significant impact on how you think about yourself and Human Services Leadership.
- Official transcript(s) from all undergraduate course work from regionally-accredited university (ies)/college(s). Unsealed or copied transcripts submitted by the applicant are not considered official. The Graduate Studies office will notify you if additional transcripts are needed to verify all undergraduate course work. International applicants see requirements below.
- Official degree conferral transcript(s) from regionally accredited university(ies)/college(s). Unsealed or copied degree conferral transcripts supplied by the applicant are not considered official. International applicants see requirements below.
- Pay $56 application fee (non-waivable, non-refundable). This fee is paid by credit card during the online application process.
Admission/Applicant Requirements (INTERNATIONAL)
In addition to the requirements outlined above, applicants who would otherwise be an F-1 visa status student if attending on-campus, need to fulfill the additional requirements listed below. Note that if you are already an F-1 student at another institution in the United States, this program is not recognized for F-1 study because all coursework is online.
Evidence of English Proficiency
- An official TOEFL score (minimum 550 paper-based or 79-80 internet based) or IELTS overall band score (minimum 7.0) OR;
- Completion of the WESLI program (Madison, WI) at the 700 level with a B average or better and a WESLI recommendation for graduate studies OR;
- Completion of the MESLS program (Madison, WI) at the advanced curriculum level (302 level courses in oral communication skills, reading and writing and grammar) with at least an AB grade average, OR;
- Attended a U.S. college or university continuously for more than one year within the past three years OR;
- Completed a U.S. undergraduate degree, OR:
- Received an undergraduate degree from a foreign institution where English is the language of instruction for both degree an non-degree courses (proficiency subject to corroboration with other evidence of English language skills) OR;
- Resided in the U.S. for more than one year without being a student.
NOTE: The University and the Transnational Human Services Leadership program reserve the right to further verify English proficiency in additionalto TOEFL or IELTS scores; if in their assessment of applicant's admissibility to a program, they believe an applicant may not meet or must further demonstrate English proficiency to succeed in graduate studies.
Academic Credential Materials
- Official/attested version of all undergraduate and post-undergraduate transcripts/mark sheets including degree diploma or certificate. If an applicant is or was a UW Oshkosh graduate or undergraduate student, he/she does not need to provide an official UW Oshkosh transcript.
- Certified English translation of an native language transcript/mark sheets diploma and degree certificates submitted for admission. This translation is not required if the credential evaluation has already translated academic record information for purposes of issuing an evaluation report. Visit the American Translators Association website to find a certified translator.
Please have all transcripts, mark sheets and other materials sent directly to:
UW OSHKOSH GRADUATE STUDIES OFFICE
800 Algoma Blvd., Dempsey Hall 337
Oshkosh, WI 54901
NOTE: All applications and documents submitted become the property of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and Office of Graduate Studies. These documents are not returned to the applicant/student regardless of admission or enrollment. Notarized/attested copies of original foreign transcripts are acceptable for issuing an admission decision however, if admitted,the student mus present the original document for visual inspection of authenticity.