Special & Early Childhood Education
UW Oshkosh’s Department of Special and Early Childhood Education prepares undergraduate and graduate candidates to become educational leaders who possess knowledge, skills and dispositions to educate and empower others and garner respect for themselves and their profession. The department prepares candidates to practice in a manner consistent with state and national professional standards of practice.
Throughout their program, candidates in the department will engage in field experiences, as well as instruction that translates theory into evidenced-based inclusive practices to support individuals, birth through adulthood, and their families.
The department participates in collaborative outreach and research activities to meet the needs of local school districts on topics of interest, such as professional learning communities, school improvement, and inclusive practices.
- Special Education - Cross Categorical
- Middle Childhood - Early Adolescence (age 6 - approx. 12/13) AND/OR Early Adolescence - Adolescence (age 10-21)
- Special Education - Dual
- Early Childhood - Middle Childhood General Education (birth - age 11) with Early Childhood Special Education (birth - age 8)
- Middle Childhood - Early Adolescence General Education (age 6 - approx. 12/13) with Middle Childhood Early Adolescence - Special Education Cross Categorical (age 6 - approx. 12/13)
- Master of Science in Education
- Director of Special Education and Pupil Services Licensure/Certificate