Admission to Student Teaching Portfolio - Special Education and Dual Majors
Please Note: Admission to the COEHS PEP and your licensure program does not guarantee Admission to Student Teaching
Student Teaching Due Dates:
- All students must maintain a minimum 3.00 Grade Point Average
(GPA) in Combined, Major, Minor and Professional, and successfully
complete pre-student teaching clinical and field placements
- Applications are distributed at Student Teaching Informational Meeting in early February and early September prior to the semester you plan to student teach; ATTEND this meeting
- Applications are DUE to Field Experience Office in N/E 113 by October 1 or March 1 prior to the semester you plan to student teach
- An Original Score Report
from ETS of passing Praxis II (Subject Knowledge) score(s) must be on
file in PEP Office by October 1 or March 1 prior to the semester you
plan to student teach. Indicate UW Oshkosh recipient code 1916 on your
Praxis Registration Form. See Praxis II Tab for more information
ALL Majors Complete Standards 1 - 10
- Portfolio is submitted to Advanced Practicum faculty who will evaluate portfolio and submit Scoring Form to PEP Office
- Portfolio for Regular Education is submitted to and reviewed by Block B Clinical Supervisor who will evaluate portfolio and submit Scoring Form to PEP Office
- Portfolio for Special Education is submitted to Advanced Practicum faculty who will evaluate portfolio and submit Scoring Form to PEP Office
Portfolio artifacts and rubrics:
Portfolio artifacts can all be generated in your professional course work. All courses, including field placements, are aligned with the standards and course syllabi indicate which of the standards are assessed in course assignments. Rubrics for each standard are included on the page for that standard.
- WRITE your NAME and COURSE information where indicated on EACH Artifact Evaluation Rubric.
- Ask your course instructor to rate, sign, and date the rubric based on your understanding of that standard.
- Put artifact in your portfolio BEHIND the Artifact Evaluation Rubric. Do NOT use plastic sheet protectors.