Eligibility for Admission to the College of Education and Human Services
Please Note: Admission to COEHS does not guarantee admission to PEP and your licensure program.
Admission to the College of Education and Human Services is determined by criteria established by the Curriculum and Instruction Department and the Special Education Department.
Label your portfolio
Label the spine of your portfolio as follows:
- Last Name, first name
- Licensure area major/minor
Staple all requirements together in the order given below. See Application Materials Tab*
- Application materials for Eligibility for Admission to the College are accepted twice during the academic year. Materials are due in the PEP Office in N/E 113 no later than 4:30 p.m. on either:
- September 15, or if this date falls on a weekend, the Friday before September 15
- February 15, or if this date falls on a weekend, the Friday before February 15
When to apply
All Majors: Apply the semester enrolled in 12-235 Child and Adolescent Development
What is needed:
- Completed COEHS Admission Application
- Passing Praxis I (PPST) scores or verification form. Original copy from ETS must be on file in PEP Office before admittance to COEHS.
- Copy of your current STAR
- Completed Disclosure Statement. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, you must provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper.
- Criminal Background form and receipt
- TB Test results with date of test. If you have taken the test within the past year, or use your own physician, please supply the test date and a copy of the test results. Tuberculosis (TB) Tests may be completed at the UW Oshkosh Student Health Center in Radford Hall First Floor. Cost is $10.00. TB Tests are given on Monday or Tuesday from 8:00-11:00 and 1:00-4:00; no appointment is necessary.
- Signed Professional Dispositions Statement
Notification of Acceptance/Denial:
Notification of Admission to COEHS will be sent via campus student email
o September 15 applicants will be notified by October 1
o February 15 applicants will be notified by March 1
• Students who are denied will have all application materials returned. They should then meet with their
education academic advisor in the Undergraduate Advising Resource Center (UARC) in D130 to
determine course sequencing.
Elementary and Secondary Regular Education Majors admitted to COEHS: All application materials are
kept on file in the PEP Office. Register for pre-professional education courses and begin Initial Stage Portfolio.
Special Education and Dual Majors admitted to COEHS: All application materials are kept on file in the
PEP Office. Register for Initial Practicum courses. Dual Majors may begin Initial Stage Portfolio.
• Successful completion of minimum of 27 credits
• Grade of “C” or better in Fundamentals of Speech
• Minimum 2.75 combined grade point average