Human Services Leadership Major
Recommended for students who are preparing for, or currently hold, positions in human service agencies and institutions.
- Required Units (crs.): 40 minimum
- Required Courses:
Human Service and Professional Leadership: Human Services 203, 310, 320, 325, 335, 340, 360, 385, 415, 440, 420, 421, 422
In addition to the regular day classes, most major coursework is offered periodically during the evening.
- Other Requirements: 3 units (crs.) taken from an approved list of courses. See an academic advisor (Dempsey 130) for the options available.
Program requirements for introductory courses
- Declared Human Services Leadership major
- Minimum 56 credits completed
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 2.50
- Completion of request to have criminal background check done (includes payment)
- Completion of signed HSL Program Advising Sheet (MUST be signed by UARC advisor)
- Cumulative and/or combined GPA will be considered for enrollment.
Academic Advising Information
- Students in the Human Services Leadership Program must see COEHS advisors in UARC for assistance with academic planning. Please pay particular attention to course prerequisites and sequence. Check the University Bulletin and the other side of this sheet. You will not be allowed into the Human Services Leadership program without an advisor’s signature. Please call 920-424-1268 to schedule an advising appointment. Advisement is not available via email.
- Application for graduation must be made one semester prior to the semester in which you plan to graduate. Applications are available online through the UW-Oshkosh (Registrar’s Office) website http://www.uwosh.edu/registrar/graduation/index.php . Note: 120 degree credits is the minimum number of credits required for graduation.
- • An appeal form to consider any program modification or decision may be obtained from the Human Services Leadership Office, N/E-604, or on the website.
The Human Services GPA will be calculated on all units (crs.) attempted in courses identified by the program as applicable to the Human Services major. Exceptions to the admissions policy will be made on an individual basis by appeal to and recommendation of the admissions committee.
Applications are available from the Field Experiences Office NE 113 and on the Human Services Leadership Field Placement website and must be turned into that office.
Spring Internship / Advanced Internship
Applications due October 1
Tuberculosis Test due November 1*
Summer or Fall Internship / Advanced Internship
Applications due March 1
Tuberculosis Test due April 1*
*Tuberculosis Tests are not required at all internship locations. Students should wait until they are assigned their placement, and contact their site supervisor to discuss this requirement.