- Required Units (crs.): 40 minimum
- Required Courses: Human Services 203, 310, 320, 325, 335, 340, 360, 385, 415, 440, 420, 421, 422
- Other Requirements: 3 units (crs.) taken from an approved list of courses 12-377, 55-310, 84-321, 86-331, 92-321, 92-339, 18-111 or any non-required 300 or 400 level Human Services course.
- Students in the Human Services Leadership Program must see COEHS advisors in UARC (Student Success Center, Suite 202) for assistance with academic planning. You will not be allowed into the Human Services Leadership program without a UARC advisor's signature. Please call 920-424-1268 to schedule an advising appointment.
- Application for graduation must be made one semester prior to the semester in which you plan to graduate. Applications are available online through the UW-Oshkosh Registrar’s Office website. Note: 120 degree credits is the minimum number of credits required for graduation.
- An appeal form to consider any program modification or decision may be obtained from the Human Services Leadership Office, N/E-604, or on the website.
(ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR PROGRAM INTRO COURSES)
**As long as you meet all course prerequisites, you may enroll into our Intro Courses.**
- Declared Human Services Major
- Completion of at least 56 University recognized credits
- Minimum Combined GPA: 2.5
- Completion of request (including payment receipt) for Criminal Background Check (Form available on Program Forms page or in the HSL Office, N/E-604.)
- Advising sheet must be signed by a COEHS advisor in the UARC before your "203 semester," and turned into the HSL Office, N/E-604.
**When all prerequisites have been met, you may enroll in HUMAN SV-325.**
- Completion of a minimum of three courses in the Human Services Leadership major, as follows:
- HUMAN SV-203 Introduction to Human Services
- HUMAN SV-310 Interpersonal Relations in the Helping Professions
- One additional core course, either HUMAN SV-320, HUMAN SV-335 or HUMAN SV-340.
- Minimum Human Services Leadership GPA: 2.75
- Minimum Combined GPA: 2.50
- Completion of at least 65 University recognized credits
- Good standing
**When all prerequisites have been met, you may enroll in HUMAN SV-420/421/422.**
- Completion of all HSL required program courses except HUMAN SV-440, which may be taken concurrently, and is offered in Fall and Spring semesters only.
- Minimum Human Services Leadership GPA: 3.00
- Minimum Combined GPA 2.75
- Completion of request (including payment receipt) for Criminal Background Check must be turned in with application materials by the deadlines indicated
- Good standing
FOR STUDENTS WHO WISH TO COMPLETE AN OUT-OF-AREA ADVANCED INTERNSHIP:
- Minimum Human Services Leadership GPA: 3.50
- Minimum Combined GPA: 3.00
- “A” in Internship (HUMAN SV-325)
- Positive report from initial experience in HUMAN SV-203
- Unanimous approval by faculty
REQUEST FORM for out-of-area Advanced Internship is available in N/E-619, N/E-113, or on the HSL Office of Field Placement website.