Adapted Physical Education
The adapted physical education program prepares you to design and adapt movement and activity experiences for people with disabilities. Students enrolled in the program gain knowledge and experience in motor assessment, activity modification, behavior management, curriculum design and adaptations, medical aspects of disabling conditions, fitness and sports programs and other related topics.
- For students interested in teaching physical education to special education students in schools.
- May only be obtained with a physical education K-12 teacher preparation major.
- Meets Wisconsin requirements for adapted physical education licensure and preparation requirements for taking the Adapted Physical Education National Standards (APENS) exam.
- Designed for currently licensed PE teachers.
- Completion in 1 year.
- Meets certification requirements in all 50 states.
Click on the brochure to learn more about the program including required courses and admission requirements.