Policies and Procedures — Undergraduate

Late Drops

If a student wants to drop a class after the deadline, she/he must complete a Request for Late Drop Form (available in the Registrar's Office in Dempsey 130). The student will complete Part I of the form and ask the course instructor to complete Part II of the form. For graduate students, this form must be signed by the director of graduate admissions and records, Graduate Studies.

Wait List Policy

If a course is full, contact the department office at (920) 424-3421 to place your name on the waiting list (provide name, student id, and telephone number). If you are admitted to the course prior to the start of the semester, you will be contacted by telephone. If you have been not contacted prior to the start of the semester, plan on attending the first time of class to determine if the instructor is able to admit you.

Repeat Course Policy

Beginning with registration for Fall 2007 classes, students may repeat courses to improve their grade(s) on a space available basis at the time they are scheduled to register. They will no longer need to wait until 30 days before the term begins. However, students should check with their advisers to find out if their major has additional regulations on course repeats.

Each course may be repeated only once. Students may appeal that restriction through the Assistant Director of Advising (COBA, COEHS, CON) or the Student Academic Affairs Officer (COLS) of the college in which the course resides.

Students may only repeat a course if they have received a grade of CD or lower. The most recent grade awarded will be used in the computation of grade point averages and credit earned. If a student repeats a course and earns a lower grade, the lower grade will be used in the computation of grade point averages. Although grades earned at other post-secondary institutions will be included on the credit evaluation and on the official transcript, the official UW Oshkosh grade point average is not affected by grades earned elsewhere (refer to the New Official Grade Point Policy). Undergraduate courses repeated after graduation will not change the undergraduate cumulative grade point average.

Note: Although TitanWeb will allow registration for all repeats of courses, students may only repeat courses with a CD or less. It is the student's responsibility to be aware of this policy and to adhere by the rules. Courses repeated with a C or higher will not be counted in any University academic requirements and flagged as such on the transcript. Any request to repeat a course with a C or higher (including Incomplete (I), Pass (P), Satisfactory (S) or In Progress (IP),) needs to be appealed to the appropriate college and approved before registration of the course.

Students should be aware that they are responsible for any cost incurred by registering for a repeat course that does not have appropriate approval. If a course is dropped at a date that results in a charge, the student is responsible for payment.


Please visit http://admissions.uwosh.edu/transfers for information regarding transferring to UW Oshkosh. The Transfer Information System offers a quick assessment of transfer credits.

Probation and Suspension

A student needs to earn a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 to be in good standing with the University. To find out what individual semester GPA you need to earn to get off probation, you can use one of the GPA calculator tools http://www.uwosh.edu/advising/students/gpa-calculators. If you still have questions or concerns, please see an academic adviser in Dempsey 130 (920) 424-1268.

For detailed information regarding UW Oshkosh Probation and Suspension Policies, please see the 2005-07 Undergraduate Bulletin .

Student Appeals Policy

To view the College of Education and Human Services student appeals policy, please visit COEHS Student Appeal Procedures.

Document Actions
Contact Us