- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC): the major professional organization in special education; contains information on special education law, legislation, career development and publications.
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD). This Web site has information on policy issues, publications, career connections and much more.
- TASH: advocates on behalf of individuals with severe disabilities.
- Learning Disabilities Association: provides a wide variety of information about learning disabilities for teachers and parents.
- Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders (CCBD): advocates on behalf of children and adolescents with emotional/behavioral disorders.
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD): provides an extensive amount of information including material from the National Resource Center on AD/HD.
Family Voices of Wisconsin: provides information for children with special health care needs and their families.
Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities (Wisconsin BPDD): federally funded organization advocates on behalf of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to promote self-determination, independence and inclusion.
Wisconsin Family Assistance Center for Education, Training, and Support (WI FACETS): federally funded organization provides training, assistance and support for parents of children and youth with disabilities.
Family Village: integrates a wide variety of information, resources and communication opportunities for individuals with disabilities and their families.