You are here: Home > Departments and Divisions > Special Education > Graduate Program > Advising > Registering for Classes

Registering for Classes

You are advised to register early for courses as Special Education courses tend to fill up quickly.


Need assistance with registering? 

Please view the following tutorials for help:


Not admitted to the program — registering as a special graduate student

While you are waiting to be accepted into the graduate program, you may enroll in classes as a special student. IMPORTANT: In order to register for classes as a special student you must have submitted an application to Graduate Studies. As a special student, simply fill out the class registration form found on the Office of Graduate Studies forms and policies page or the Graduate Studies registration page.

Mail the completed form back to:

Department of Special Education
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901

It is important to note that you are not eligible for financial aid if you are enrolled as a special student. Only when you have been accepted into the Graduate Program will you become eligible for financial aid. However, it is a good idea to apply for financial aid early in order to minimize delay in receiving aid once you have been accepted.

Admitted to the program — registering for graduate-level courses

You will register for your classes online via TitanWeb or fill out a paper graduate registration form.

Grads taking undergraduate-level licensure courses
(must have applied to the Graduate Program to be eligible for this option)

To be eligible to take undergraduate courses as a graduate student, a person must first be admitted to a degree program or have an actively pending degree application. NOTE:  To qualify for financial aid, you must take 4.5 credits of graduate level course work.  To take an undergraduate-level course, each semester you will need to complete the graduate registration form and submit it to:

Department of Special Education
University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901

I'm unable to register for the class I want. What do I do?

Contact the Department office at (920) 424-3421 or If a course is full, you will be placed the waiting list (provide name, student id, telephone number, and class--including class number and section and/or course number--that you are interested in). If you are admitted to the course prior to the start of the semester,
you will be contacted. If you have been not contacted prior to the start of the semester, plan on attending the first time of class to determine if the instructor is able to admit you.

Document Actions
Contact Us